I like whips. I like handcuffs. I like the feeling of being in charge. But, I also enjoy it when he tells me what to do. I’m always excited to try new sex toys or positions. I know it might surprise some, but when I started being adventurous in the bedroom and the living room and the shower, I noticed my confidence start to increase when I walked out of the bedroom into business meetings and grocery stores. Sex made my life BETTER. Sex made me MORE COURAGEOUS. Okay, so I thought it was just me (because I like sex), so I asked a few of my friends about it. My friends already know I’ll ask them anything under the sun, so they weren’t surprised when I threw out this one:
“Any of ya’ll feel super confident after sex?”
They looked at me and started laughing. They weren’t laughing at my question, but at the thought that I had to ask the question.
All of them, every last one of them, with laughter, said…”Hell YEAH!”.
So, I’m not alone when I say that sex builds your courage and confidence. I believe it with all of my heart.
So, I’m saying “F*** the rules and do it more.
Here are 10 ways to build your sexual confidence.
Embrace the goddess within and write out what she likes sexually.
- Learn to engage in sexual acts when you actually want to. Say NO if don’t want to do whatever you’re being asked to do.
- Explore fresh, new sexual adventures using sex toys, masturbation toys, and accessories without shame.
- Tell your partner what feels good or doesn’t every single time.
- Love and trust your body. If your body doesn’t react to someone, don’t force it.
- Be proud of how you approach your sexual identity whether it’s monogamy, polyamory, or asexuality.
- Use your erotic energy to communicate. Yep, flirt, lick your lips, and show your sensuality.
- Embrace the sexual preferences of others without judgment.
- Allow yourself to shift in your own sexual preferences and desires.
- Explore your body without others around. Get to know yourself better <wink wink>.
Bonus: Here are 5 things that happen once you embrace your sexuality.
- You walk with confidence.
- You say NO with strength.
- You love without regret.
- You stand tall.
- You judge others less.